- Google reviews aren’t forever-you can delete any review you’ve already written in the past.
- Deleting a Google review is simple you must from where to start and steps to delete them from your Google Account.
- If someone dropped a false or spammy review for your business you can flag it to Google for removal. However, you should remember that a negative (but accurate) review is not subject to removal under Google’s policies.
- Visit homepage for more stories.
Writing reviews, it seems is a habit nowadays. You visited a place where you have a strong reaction to it, and in helping nature you just write a Google review just to help others.
But what if things changes? After a period of time, for example: what happens if there is a new owner and now he improvised their services or they took your favorite item, one you mentioned in your review, off the menu list? Or, you say you own a business that has its own lists of reviews, and someone writes something that’s patently false information about your business. What do you do then?
Depending who you’re, that’s when deleting a review, or disputing it, is a solid course of action. In either case, here’s how you should proceed further:
How to delete a Google review you wrote months back:
You’ll have to use a desktop version of your Google Account to delete or modify a Google review.
- Go to maps.google.com.
- Log in your Google account (if not logged in).
- Click the Menu button (three stacked lines in the top left corner of the screen).
- Then, Click to “Your Contributions”, then go to “Reviews.”
- Click the three dots next to the review you want to delete, and then select “Delete Review.”
How to flag (or dispute) an inappropriate or fraudulent review of your business
If someone wrote a review of your business that just isn’t true, or otherwise violates Google’s review policies, you can flag that review as inappropriate. There are several ways to do it:
Flagging reviews on the desktop version
- Sign-in to Google My Business.
- If you have several listings, you’ll have to select the correct location.
- Click “Reviews” within the menu.
- Find the review you want to flag, click the three vertical dots next to it, and select “Flag as inappropriate.”
Flagging reviews on mobile
- Open Google My Business app.
- Go to “Customers” and then “Reviews.”
- Find the review, tap the three vertical dots next to it and tap “Flag review.”
Flagging reviews through Google maps
- Go to maps.google.com.
- Find your business listing.
- Go to the review you want to flag.
- Tap the three vertical dots and then click “Flag as inappropriate.”
Please remember that it can take several days for the review to be removed once you’ve flagged it. If your business is hospitality-based, it’s also important to be aware that third-party hotel reviews can’t be flagged, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the review in question. In addition, Google says that it routinely check for spammy reviews, and automatically removes any spam-filled reviews.
It is always better to check Google’s policies on their reviews for anything. According to which they have no role to play whenever some individual or a company disagree to any of their facts or reviews. This is pertaining to contents like spam and fake contents, non-relatable reviews, illegal content & sexually explicit or offensive content.